Privacy & Security Policies
Information, collection & use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide a personalized experience and to process your questions and requests. We are the sole owner of the information collected on our website. We will not sell, share or rent this information to others except as set out in this Policy or as separately communicated to you. We collect this information from our customers at several different points on our website. This information is used for the sole purpose of providing you the best possible service.
We take strong precautions to protect your information both online and offline. We use a variety of technical solutions. Your information is encrypted and is protected by industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software. While we use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, we also protect your information offline. All of your customer information is maintained in a restricted section. Only those of our employees who need the information to perform a specific job function (for example, customer service representatives) are granted access to personally identifiable data.
If you are a resident of California, under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), you have the right to request from businesses a disclosure of data collection and sales practices in connection with your data. This includes: categories of personal information collected, the source of the information, use of the information and — if the information was disclosed or sold to third parties — the categories of personal information disclosed or sold to third parties and the categories of third parties to whom such information was disclosed or sold.
As a California resident, you are afforded:
- The right to request a copy of the specific personal information collected about you during the 12 months before your request
- The right to have such information deleted (with exceptions)
- The right to request that your personal information not be sold to third parties, if applicable
- The right not to be discriminated against because you exercised any of these rights.
How to Exercise Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Information
You may request a disclosure report regarding your personal information and/or request that your personal information be deleted from our database. To make this request, please contact us by phone at 800-721-2590 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.. Please note, we take security measures to verify our customers to a reasonable degree of certainty prior to providing any information or processing requests. We will respond to your request within 45 days of receipt of you request, after proper verification, unless we need additional time, in which case we will let you know.
- We collect the following categories of personal information: Account information including, email address, name and mailing address, marketing consent and preferences, unique system identifiers, data aggregation used to create and enhance consumer profiles, demographic and behavioral data, consumer purchases, website analytics and network activity:
- To create account profiles and manage privacy preferences
- For marketing and promotional activities
- For personalization to assist in your website experience and to serve relevant content and products.
- We disclose the following categories of personal information to third parties for a business purpose: Account information including, email address, name and mailing address, marketing consent and preferences, unique system identifiers, data aggregation used to create and enhance consumer profiles, demographic and behavioral data, consumer purchases, website analytics and network activity. We do this for the following business purposes:
- For marketing and promotional activities
- To provide support and respond to inquiries about our products and services
- For payment transactions, fulfilment processing and to facilitate delivery in the services we perform
- For website hosting, monitoring and maintenance to analyze and improve site performance and functionality
- To other service providers operating on our behalf.
- We do not sell your personal information without your consent.
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our website.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our website.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies: We use Session Cookies to operate our website.
- Preference Cookies: We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies: We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Our website uses “cookies”, small pieces of data stored on your computer and delivered through your Web browser.
Our website often contains links to other sites to provide you with the best information. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites you may visit.
In an effort to improve the performance and functionality of the website, Ferguson.com uses a third party software from CrazyEgg.com to track website user behavior which records; percentage of page viewed, area of page clicked on and ‘moused-over’. No personal or payment information is recorded by this third party. However if you would like to opt-out of being tracked, please follow this link, www.crazyegg.com/opt-out and follow the instructions.
If you have any questions about our privacy policies, please contact us by phone at 800-721-2590 or email us at email@example.com.